I know right now seems a little foggy and that everything in our lives sees to have been put on pause. But I want to offer some hope & some suggestions on weddings tasks you can check off your list from the courtesy of your very own couch, right now. While things may be uncertain in this moment, it’s important we keep our spirits high and use this time to be productive + look ahead for when the day comes that this pandemic is behind us. To help you get back on track, I’ve put together a list of 15 weddings tasks you check off your list this week.
- Make A Wedding Website – Postponing making a website? Now is the perfect time to hop on Zola or The Knot and get all your information jotted down and in one place!
- Pick Out Your Wedding Colors – If you’ve been hung up on what your wedding colors should be, now is the perfect time to pick them out. Check out these few resources (HERE, HERE, and HERE) to get an idea of different color pallets you can incorporate for your own special day.
- Ask Your Bride Tribe To Be Your Bride Tribe – You don’t have to hold up the festivities because of Coronavirus! Order from sites like Shop Box Fox , White Confetti Box, Mari Gold & Grey , FoxBlossom & have them deliver the goodies straight to your girls door. Celebrate that evening with a Zoom Call with your tribe + required glass of wine to celebrate!
- Order Your Bridesmaid Dresses – There is a whole internet filled with online dress shops you can get sent straight to your door. Have your girls order some sample dresses + make a day of it via Zoom! Just because you can’t be together in person doesn’t mean you still can’t have fun!
- Start or Update Your Wedding Registry – There is not a better time like the present, to well…ask for presents? So many online retailers allow you to register virtually! So cozy up with your beau & start putting together that list! Hello Target, Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn and more…!
- Do Your Tastings (If Possible) – Check with the caterer + cake baker you are considering to see if they offer tasting boxes! If they do, this might be the perfect weeknight date & another item you can check off your to do!
- Make An At Home Workout Schedule – Just because you can’t hit the gym, doesn’t mean all is lost in regards to working out! Check out these at home work out series you can do right now (HERE, HERE, and HERE)
- Touch Base With Your Planner (Or Hire One!) – Many wedding planners are working around the clock right now to ensure their clients whose weddings are now postponed are taking care of. If you’re worried about your date being affected by Covid-19, touch base with them to gauge their thoughts and potentially make a Plan B. If you don’t have a planner, now would also be the perfect time to hire one & if you’re in Tri-Cities and need some suggestions, feel free to get in touch with me!
- Browse Wedding Dresses Online – I’m a huge advocate of holding out & waiting till your local, regional or state bridal dress shops are open – but if you’re on a time crunch, sites like BHLDN and Grace + Ivory offer programs where you can work with an online consultant & try dresses on in the courtesy of your own home! You can do it alone, or enlist your bride tribe to join you via Zoom and make an afternoon of it!
- Put Together Your Seating Chart – A daunting task really, but hey…things are slow, so why not knock that seating chart out of the way right now!
- Choose Your Important Songs (First Dance, Down The Aisle, Father Daughter) – You’ve got some time on your hands so now would be a perfect time to select those special & sentimental songs. Browse my first dance playlist HERE and my father daughter playlist HERE!
- Order Gifts For Important People – Were you planning on getting your bridal party gifts on your wedding day? Your parents? Or other important people? You’ve got a whole internet out there waiting for you to shop! So get it done my friend!
- Touch Base With Wedding Vendors – Regardless if you’re moving your wedding or not, take a second to check in with your wedding vendors. Ask them if there is anything they need from you before the wedding in order to knock it out of the park & get it out of the way! Also send them some love, it will go a long way, especially during these times!
- Take A Dance Lesson Online – If you are currently quarantining with your fiancé, why not have a little fun and learn a choreographed dance? (No, not for Tik-Tok) but for your wedding! Check out a few sweet dances HERE, HERE, and HERE.
- Learn Your Love Language – This may sound corny, but if you haven’t read/listened to The Five Love Languages, now would be a great time to grab an audio version! Take this time to grow your relationship with your fiancé.