Chances are you are on this page because you are looking for a beautiful location in Washington to take your engagement photos. While you may be considering adventuring to the west side of state, the purpose of this blog post is to share with you some stunning engagement shoot locations on the east side of the Cascades. Below are just a few of my personal favorite Eastern Washington engagement shoot locations you should consider!
- Vantage – Desert – If you are on the quest for a stunning backdrop with a wide variety of areas for photographs, Vantage is the place for you. While you’re there, stop in George for some amazing wine at Cave B Winery and take some pictures at their scenic overlook! Some other great points along the way are Wanapum Viewpoint and the Feathers at Frenchman Coulee.
- Twin Sisters – Desert – This little very short hiking trail offers one very scenic view of the Columbia River that is unbeatable at sunset. Truth be told I shoot there often (as you can see HERE, HERE and HERE) because the view point unmatched. It also offers a few different vantage points, like two big black rocks and a small sand dune.
- Mt. Spokane – Forest – Mt. Spokane is absolutely stunning in both winter and in summer. It is one of the highest points of the inland northwest and overflooks all of Mt. Spokane state park. If you’re looking for an incredible scenic view and some pine trees, this is your spot!
- Turnbull National Wildlife Refuge – Forest – This location is slightly west of Spokane and is a definite contender if you’re looking for a mix of forest and open fields. There are many small stops along the road (which is a loop) which will give your shoot locations a bit of diversity.
- Blue Mountains – Forest – If you’re looking for mountains, but don’t really want to venture to the west side, check out the Blues! This mountain range is largely based in Oregon, but does hit the southeastern tip of Washington as well! Located on the outskirts of Walla Walla it’s the next best thing to heading west!
- White Bluffs – Desert + Sand – If you’re looking for a unique location that has a mix of desert, a mix of sand and a bit of some scenic views, White Bluffs is it! I highly recommend taking the North Slope Trail, rather than the South…as the views there are a little more epic!
- Palouse Falls – Desert + Waterfall – If you love the desert, but want something a little extra check out Palouse Falls. Palouse Falls is the biggest waterfall in Eastern Washington and offers a wide variety of vantage points. You can also hike to the lower falls, but please keep in mind the hike to the bottom is pretty treacherous.
Not sure what to wear to your engagement session? Grab my FREE guide here and let me help you plot out the perfect outfit(s)!